Thursday, January 12, 2012

T-Shirt Quilt

This is the T-Shirt quilt I made out of my school t-shirts.  Great way to save your memories without feeling bad about the t-shirts sitting in storage.  This pattern was really easy, no interfacing necessary.  You can use the fronts and backs of the t-shirts or as I did here, used the fronts of twice as many t-shirts to make one quilt.  I used a solid piece of flannel in between all the t-shirts, sewed a huge X through the square and sewed all the squares together.  I then snipped the edges as you would a rag-time quilt.  It definitely was a switch from making the normal t-shirt quilts.  And when you are finished, the quilt is done, no quilting or binding required!! (or borders, my very least favorite!!)

2 comments:

  1. I love this ! What a great idea for old t-shirts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looking to make a T-shirt quilt for my son out of all of his spot t-shirts and jerys. I can be contacted at 785-331-6412.

    Thank you,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete